Saturday, May 2, 2015

More Fitness

Foods I try to stay away from!
1. White Bread- This has no nutritional value what so ever. Wheat is much better.
2. Beverages with calories- It always surprises me how many calories can be consumed when you drink soda or juices. 
3. Dairy- Milk does have a lot of nutrition but too much cheese and other diary products can be bad. I rarely will eat anything in this category even yogurt. I normally replace that with fresh fruit. 
4. Most salad dressings- Caesar and ranch dressings can be really bad for you. 2 tablespoons of caesar can have over 160 calories and 17 grams of fat. That’s not a lot of your daily intake but I would rather use the calories on something else. Try vinaigrette or fat free ranch instead. 
5. Food at any restaurants- When I first started eating healthy I looked up the nutritional value of restaurants in hopes to find something healthy. Even salads at places like Burger King are unhealthy.  There healthiest salad was 190 calories and 22 grams of fat. Which again isn’t to bad but I would rather save those calories for a larger meal. There was even a salad that had 44 grams of fat. My advice to people just starting to be health conscious is to ALWAYS check the nutritional value at restaurants.
6. Last but not least, Snacks. I replace things like chips or popcorn with fresh fruit and veggies. Going hungry isn’t apart of being healthy. You need to keep your body fueled, especially so you can keep your metabolism up. So if you do get hungry before dinner than eat some carrots or eat some strawberries. 
Since eating like this I have lost 30 pounds in only months. I of course went running and the gym as well! Eating healthy is just as important as being active. Also remember that it’s okay to treat yourself once in a while!

Until next time!
--Danielle

preppymusings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment